Monday, September 1, 2014

OUR CALL

  "They... of Whom This World Was Not Worthy!" Hebrews 11:38a

"Also, I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man will also confess before the angels of God." Luke 12:8a

     As I sat in the pew of my church Sunday morning, worshiping and adoring the Lord Jesus in song, then listening to my very capable, interesting, entertaining Pastor, preach an instructive, faith edifying sermon, surrounded by warm, welcoming, brothers and sisters in Christ, I was happy and comfortable and I left with the glow of a new bride.  Now I know that this introduction is a run on sentence, for all you "grammar Nazi's" out there, but I had to write it like that because it perfectly expressed where I was at that precise moment. And that's important to the story.  Stick with me, you'll understand later.
     I came home, ate lunch and settled down in my recliner for a Sunday afternoon nap.  Then I decided to check in on Facebook before I went to sleep.  There I came across this article:

Photo: NEWS | Iraqi Christian Village: From Sanctuary To Ghost Town In 2 Months

“Believe me, there is nowhere in Iraq that is safe for us.” This is the feeling for tens of thousands of Iraq’s Christians who have been forced from their homes and are now living in desperation just trying to survive. The advances of the militant group ISIS has emptied the Nineveh plain of Christians, forcing them from lands they have occupied for centuries.  Full Story: http://ow.ly/AQ7Ce
NEWS: Iraqi Christian Village: From Sanctuary To Ghost Town in 2 Months!


     I looked at their faces and my heart was touched, so I whispered a prayer for them, reposted the article and went to sleep.
     Then I went back to church last night for a night of singing and fellowship, communion and an ice cream social.  During communion, as I bowed my head and meditated on what the Lord has done for me, these faces edged their way into my mind.  I remembered that father's face, etched deeply with anger and frustration, and that mother's face showing the profound sadness engulfing them.  Then I remembered the kids,... innocent, questioning, insecure.  My heart became extremely heavy and I thought of two scriptures, which I wrote at the beginning of this blog: "Also, I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him The Son of Man, will confess before the angels of God." Luke 12:8  Now in my bible that verse is in Red.  That means the words were spoken by Jesus. It suddenly occurred to me that Jesus knows the name of that family and He's shouting it to the "angels of God"!  He's saying something like this, "These are MY people! Look at them, angels!  They could have stayed in their village and converted to Islam, and lived a few more years on the earth.  Instead they are "...wondering over deserts and mountains, hiding in caves and holes in the ground." (Hebrews 11:38b) ...for My Name!"  They are "...too good for this world!" (Hebrews 11:38a)
     I prayed for them again.  This time a sincere, heart felt plea for their safety, their rescue and that their faith would not fail.  Then I realized that this is my "call".  As I sit safely, happily in my pew, fellowshipping with my brothers and sister in the faith, I'm here, not just to absorb it all and leave feeling warm and fuzzy.  But I'm here, in this situation, to be a prayer warrior for these Hebrews 11 Christians.  It doesn't matter what their nationality or even their church affiliation might be.  They ARE my brothers and sisters.  Luke 12:8 is their birth certificate and proof of cutizenship in heaven.  My next prayer was for me and my American brothers and sisters.  It was...

Photo: Please prayerfully consider purchasing "STAND WITH - PRAY FOR" support bracelets from www.UnifiedChristians.com. All profits go to Samaritan's Purse to help provide food and clothing for Christians who have survived the brutal Islamic terrorist slaughter in Iraq. PLEASE SHARE.   

www.UnifiedChristians.com
Unified Christians

     I might add, help us to receive with understanding, "our call"!
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment